Here at Rowsley Village Hall we’re going to be opening a Community Café and Warm Hub in January 2023.
We are looking for a dynamic Warm Hub & Community Café Manager to manage the café with support from the village hall management committee.
Our aim is to create a warm and welcoming community space with the potential to run on an on-going basis once the current warm hub funding comes to an end in March 2023.
The contract is offered on a fixed term basis of three months in the first instance.
The post will be subject to a DBS check and supporting references.
Summary of the vacancy
- Job Title: Warm Hub & Community Café Manager
- Location: Rowsley Village Hal
- Reports to: Chair of Management Committe
- Scope: To support all functions of the Warm Hub and Community Café. Manage a modest budget. Provide good food, quality standards and a warm and welcoming customer experience.
- Start date: 6 January 2023 (job share considered
- Remuneration: £12 per hour 4 hours per session per week
- Hours: 4 hours per week (9.30am to 1.30pm) every Tuesday for 12 weeks
The ideal candidate(s) for the job will have experience in a catering environment, including food preparation and leadership of volunteers. Experience in the café and voluntary/charity sector would be an advantage.
- To set up and clear down the warm hub every week
- To work as a member of a cafe establishment fulfilling cafe functions such as food and drink preparation, customer service, clearance, cleaning, planning and hygiene.
- To help make the warm hub a vibrant and welcoming place – organise a range of small activities and conversation to those attending
- To ensure that monitoring and evaluation is completed for Derbyshire County Council
- Liaise with other community groups, schools and businesses to help promote and recruit volunteers and book and activities as appropriate including advice stalls
- Complete monitoring and evaluation of attendance and activities
- Supporting the volunteers and drawing up basic rotas
- To help promote the warm hub and community café
- Ensuring that excellent customer service is provided at all times
- Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Standards maintained
- Signing off goods and supplies
- Ordering and stock control
- Managing a modest budget for the purchase of supplies
- Ensuring reasonable adjustments in place for all attendees as required
- To develop partnerships with stakeholders with an interest in Rowsley Village Hall Community Café and Warm Hub and the surrounding area such as service providers, employment providers and local schools to establish the best opportunities for people accessing the café and to use the hall to benefit the local community.
How to apply
To arrange an informal discussion about this position please contact Marianne Quick: email@example.com
To apply for this position please send a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role together with a summary CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 6 January 2023